Monthly Archives: June 2017
Each year, the IIAC Investment Industry Hall of Fame honours excellence, integrity and leadership in Canada’s investment industry. The IIAC is proud to announce the 2017 Inductees into the Hall of Fame:
– Catherine (Kiki) Delaney – Founder and President, Delaney Capital Management Ltd.
– Ned Goodman – Co-founder Beutel, Goodman & Company; Founder, Dundee Corporation
– Stephen Jarislowsky – Founder and Chairman Emeritus, Jarislowsky, Fraser Limited
– William (Bill) Wilder – Former President, Wood Gundy Inc.
– John Pearce Bunting – Former President and CEO, Toronto Stock Exchange (posthumous)
– Peter Cundill – Founder, Peter … Continue reading
The Canadian investment industry plays a key role in Canada’s financial services sector. It enables businesses and governments to raise debt and equity capital—which stimulates economic growth and job creation—and helps investors and savers work towards their financial objectives.
Did you know in 2016, Canada’s investment industry?
– Directly employed approximately 40,130 Canadians from coast to coast to coast.
– Generated $22.4 billion in direct economic activity.
– Helped listed Canadian businesses raise $48.8 billion in equity capital in secondary offerings in public and private markets.
– Helped eight companies go public, raising $466 million in initial … Continue reading
The Investment Industry Association of Canada (IIAC) is pleased to announce that Charyl Galpin, EVP & Managing Director, Head, Private Client Division, BMO Nesbitt Burns Inc., has been appointed Chair of the IIAC’s Board of Directors for 2017-18. She is the first woman in the IIAC’s history to serve in this capacity.
Steven Donald, President, Assante Wealth Management Ltd., was appointed Vice-Chair for 2017-18.
Ms. Galpin, who joined the IIAC Board in 2015, is already one of the most influential women in corporate Canada. She was named one of Canada’s Top 100 Most Powerful Women of 2014 by the … Continue reading