About the IIAC Top Under 40 Award
The IIAC Top Under 40 Award recognizes and celebrates the new generation of highly motivated and talented young professionals whose drive, dedication, qualities and accomplishments have brought distinction to Canada’s investment/financial industry.
Join the conversation on social media using #IIACTopUnder40Award
Nominees must have brought distinction to the investment/financial industry and/or have demonstrated excellence in one or more of the following areas:
- Career Accomplishments
– Excellence in any career position, other professional/academic achievements, etc.
- Commitment to Canada’s financial industry
– Involvement in one’s company events, workshops, etc.
– Involvement with other professional bodies or business-related organizations
– Promotion of the profession: communications (speaking, writing, media), recruiting students in the profession, etc.
- Commitment to Education
– Promotion of continuing applied education in order to bridge knowledge gaps within the industry
– Teaching, mentoring, coaching, etc.
- Community Service and Involvement
– Charitable community work, service to the profession and other business groups, etc.
To qualify as a nominee, the individual must be a full-time employee of an IIAC Member firm, must be 40 years of age or under as of December 31, 2016, and must not be a previous recipient of the award. For a list of IIAC Member Firms, please click here.
This year’s Award nominees, to be revealed in the September editions of Investment Executive and Finance et Investissement, will be formally recognized at the IIAC Top Under 40 Award Judges Luncheon on October 26 in Toronto, where the 2017 Award recipient will be announced.
An independent panel of judges will approve and adjudicate nominations for the IIAC Top Under 40 Award.
The distinguished panel of judges who will select the 2017 Award recipient is comprised of:
- Dr. Milton McClaren (Panel Chair) – Emeritus Professor of Education in the Faculty of Education at Simon Fraser University and an Associate member of the Faculty at Royal Roads University
- The Hon. Joe Oliver, P.C. – Chairman of Echelon Wealth Partners
- Margot L. Ritchie – Member of the Executive Committee and Investment Strategy Committee at Jarislowsky, Fraser Limited
For more information on the judges panel, click here.
Members of the panel are not eligible to be nominated or submit nominations.
Thank You to Our Sponsors
For information on sponsorship opportunities, please contact Pia Soodeen (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Pauline Flores (email@example.com).
Past IIAC Top Under 40 Award Recipients
Past IIAC Top Under 40 Award Nominees
The 2016 IIAC Top Under 40 Award nominees were featured in the September 2016 issue of Investment Executive. To see the full-page advertisement, click here.
The 2015 IIAC Top Under 40 Award nominees were featured in the September 2015 issue of Investment Executive. To see the full-page advertisement, click here.