The Canadian investment industry plays a key role in Canada’s financial services sector. It enables businesses and governments to raise debt and equity capital—which stimulates economic growth and job creation—and helps investors and savers meet their financial objectives.
Did you know in 2017, Canada’s investment industry?
– Directly employed approximately 40,865 Canadians from coast to coast to coast.
– Generated $22.6 billion in direct economic activity.
– Helped listed Canadian businesses raise $77.1 billion in equity capital in secondary offerings in public and private markets.
– Helped 38 companies go public, raising $5.1 billion in initial public offerings.
– Enabled Canadian businesses to … Continue reading