IIAC Top Under 40 Award
The IIAC Top Under 40 Award recognizes an individual under the age of 40 whose drive, dedication and personal and professional qualities and accomplishments mark them as a future leader in the investment industry.
NEW – The 2015 IIAC Top Under 40 Award Nominees are featured in the September 2015 issue of Investment Executive. To see the full-page advertisement, click here.
This year’s award recipient will be announced at the 2015 IIAC Investment Industry Hall of Fame Gala Dinner and Induction Ceremony on October 29, 2015 at the SoCo Ballroom, Delta Toronto hotel.
The recipient will be awarded:
- Two round trip tickets to New York City including:
Two nights hotel accommodation and;
two tickets to Radio City Music Hall
- The opportunity to work alongside one of the top industry leaders for a one-week period in association with the Smarten Up Institute’s Mentor Program®.
- A complementary enrollment in a course of his/her choice offered by the Smarten Up Institute in Toronto, or a course in association with Smarten Up Institute at a partner University or College.
This award has a total value of more than $7,000.
The nominee must have brought distinction to the investment/financial industry and/or have demonstrated excellence in one or more of the following areas:
- Career Accomplishments
– Excellence in any career position, other professional/academic achievements, etc.
- Commitment to Canada’s financial industry
– Involvement in his or her company events and/or workshops
– Involvement with other professional bodies or business-related organizations
– Promotion of the profession: communications (speaking, writing, media), recruiting students in the profession, etc.
– Promotion of continuing applied education
– Seeks to bridge knowledge gaps in industry sectors
– Teaching, mentoring, coaching, etc.
- Community Service and Involvement
– Charitable community work, service to the profession and other business groups
To qualify as a nominee, the individual must be a full-time employee of an IIAC Member firm, must be under the age of 40 as of December 31st of the prior year, and must not be a previous recipient of the award.
The three members of the IIAC Top Under 40 Award’s Advisory Board, consisting of industry and education professionals, judge and approve nominations for the IIAC Top Under 40 Award. Members of the Advisory Board are not eligible to be nominated.
Note: 2015 nominations are no longer being accepted. Thank you to all those who submitted a nomination.
Any employee of an IIAC Member firm may nominate another employee of an IIAC Member firm by providing an information packet containing:
- A completed nomination form obtained from the IIAC or the Smarten Up Institute
- A signed letter containing supporting reasons why the nominee satisfies the award criteria
The IIAC Top Under 40 Award is proudly sponsored by:
Proud media sponsors: