Andrea Taylor, Managing Director, IIAC, will be moderating the FATCA panel at CLS Education Sub-Committee Breakfast Seminar, on Wednesday May 14th, 2014. Other panelists include:
* Ronald White, CPA, CA., Chief Financial Officer, Fidelity Clearing Canada ULC
* Brian Snider, Senior Manager Planning & Coordination, BMO Financial Group
* Raymond Li, Manager, Tax, Ernst & Young
This seminar will offer an opportunity to discuss recent updates and changes to FATCA, including:
– Update on FATCA and QI policies and guidance – the overall picture of U.S. tax reporting and withholding under FATCA
– Registration and GIINs: Explaining what is required to demonstrate FATCA compliance
– Documentation and classification of accounts:
– For QI compliant firms, how does FATCA change the account opening process, including the use of IRS W forms?
– For QI compliant firms, what kind of account review process will be required to ensure all pre-existing accounts are classified correctly?
Registration deadline is May 8th, 2014 For more information and to register click here..